Search This Blog

Week 28 at The Mayme A. Clayton Library & Museum

Last week marked the final training session for the new OPAC. There were about ten volunteers who attended the training ranging in age from 21-65. The document I created to help the volunteers through the cataloging process was well received overall, but I felt there were some improvements that could have been made. The first thing I would change on the document is the font size, a larger type (greater than 12 point) allows the volunteers to easily read the text. Another feature of the document I would change is using circles to highlight important parts of the screen instead of arrows; arrows have a tendency to get lost in the text.

Last week, I began creating the finding aid for the Khalid Kwame Collection. This jazz collection consists of about 10,000 machine readable artifacts (e.g. CDs, Tapes,and Albums), 7,000 pieces of textual documents and a few pieces of AV equipment. While working on the finding aid I wrote a biography on the Kwame by pulling information about his life from business cards, wills and donor forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment