Search This Blog

Week 20 at MCLM

I have not updated recently because I was out of the office, in Vegas! Anyway...

All of the cataloging goals that were set have been met or exceeded. All the inventories are complete and I have volunteers working on the inventorying of ethnic ads and other recent accessions. The ethnic ads we have are interesting, ranging from can labels to post cards. Most of the ads date from the early 1900’s to the 1940’s. The inventorying process is necessary so all the materials within our collection are accessible.


The access to MCLM's collection will be improving with the launch of our new database. I have become the acting database manager and I'm very excited to see the new database launch successfully. I believe that this online, searchable database will greatly increase MCLM's presence as an African American library and museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment